Head of Data & Technical
At Atipica, (pronounced ahh-tee’-pee-kah) everything we do is designed to help business leaders gain the insights they need to make meaningful, inclusive changes to their teams and adapt to the modern workforce. We are unlocking the world's talent data through a Business Intelligence platform that uniquely combines both artificial and human intelligence to help companies realize the lifetime value of their recruiting data. We provide innovative, automated data-driven tools for people analytics. We want companies to attract and retain the right talent, but most importantly, we are passionate about our product as an intelligent, machine learning solution that levels the playing field for all job seekers.
Business leaders across industries are recognizing the value of more diverse workplaces and working towards more inclusive hiring trends. At Atipica, diversity is in our DNA and we recently launched our newest offering, a Diversity Intelligence solution focused on demographic trends and patented algorithms to help find granular insights to diversify the workplace. Our data models are up to 96% accurate and proprietary to Atipica which means we don’t work within the constraints of self-reporting and can provide historical, comprehensive, and actionable talent data to target areas of improvement and growth for the modern workforce.
As Head of Data & Technical, you will help shape the long-term vision of Atipica’s data-oriented product roadmap with the overarching goal of making the hiring process a more thoughtful and empathetic one.
The Head of Data & Technical is the top leadership position in the data science department and is responsible for overseeing activities of the data science team and ensuring proper execution of duties with alignment to the business’s overall vision. Additionally, this person will act as the subject matter authority in advanced data science and machine learning techniques and theories, mentoring and developing the extremely motivated data squad.
The Head of Data & Technical will collaborate with the leadership team around strategy that will influence the development of big data products and utilization. You will be responsible for the creation of high impact product capabilities and models, development of future-proof processes, and implementation of exciting new ways in which we can provide value to our clients.
Help us build a data organization that represents the mission of our product and values of our clients, products, and people!
● Develop short- and long-term vision and strategic plans for the data science team based on vision, objectives, plans, and operating requirements
● Develop a responsive, effective team that keeps the mission of the organization top of mind
● Hire, train, and mentor a globally dispersed team of data scientists, including attracting and retaining high caliber employees
● Develop Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI capabilities and expertise to deliver core products to our customers
● Design, develop, and manage new Data Science/Machine Learning/AI products and service offerings to complement Atipica’s core portfolio or products
● Collaborate with other business leaders to design and execute data science strategies to drive business value
● Stay at the forefront of advanced techniques and developments in data science including market trends and academic research
● Develop and distribute best practices to data science and delivery teams
● Provide coaching and development to a team of direct reports and broad team of indirect reports to continue to develop critical technical skills in the organization
● Practical and theoretical understanding of machine learning algorithms especially as they relate to text, such as: Naive Bayes, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines (SVMs), K-Nearest Neighbors (KNNs), Decision Trees, Conditional Random Fields (CRFs), Neural Networks
● Proficient in Ruby on Rails, minimum 2 years
● Familiar with third-party integrations and APIs
● Experience with feature selection, feature engineering, building and optimizing machine learning models, and data mining from both structured and unstructured sources.
● Competency with scripting and programming in Python (gold star if you’re good with Ruby too!)
● Experience with an analysis/data cleaning tool such as pandas or R
● Good familiarity with relational databases and SQL
● Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
● Prior experience with AWS offerings - EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, etc.
● Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
● Technical BA/BS degree with 5 or more years of relevant work experience
● 4+ years of management experience - experience with remote and distributed teams a plus!
● 2+ years of managing a data science related team
● Great communication skills - can clearly articulate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
● Ability to provide mentorship, guidance, and technical advice to junior team members
● Can put into place processes for organic growth of our data team (infrastructure, tools, methodologies, validation, etc.)
● You’re collaborative, empathetic, and comfortable with the demands of an agile startup
We’d REALLY love to hear from you if you can check off most of the above and:
● 4+ years of managing a data science related team
● Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Storm or related paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Hive, Mahout, plus advanced skills in Java/C++, R, Python, Scala, etc.
● Technical MS degree with 3 or more years of relevant work, or a PhD with 2 or more years of relevant work experience
● Have put into place processes for experiment design or A/B testing with regards to user engagement
Click below to apply by sending us your Resume. We look forward to hearing from you!