Please e-mail Vai at [email protected]
if you are interested!
Everything we do at Atipica (pronounced ahh-tee-pee-kah) is designed to help business leaders gain the insights and reassessment tools they need to understand the way they are building their teams.
By building the world’s first Inclusive AI for the talent life cycle, we work with our clients, partners and talent teams to thoughtfully use data, analytics and business intelligence in their recruiting and D&I operations.
As we continue to expand our analytics offerings, we need a Junior Data Scientist to help us tackle our continually growing list of challenges.
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will start by learning the architecture of the Atipica platform from the ground up. This will give you the foundation to begin making an impact across all of our products. You will work closely with the senior team to define changes/improvements to existing products and proposals for new products and analyses. From there you will conduct your own experiments to see the impact of those proposals/analyses and then work with our engineering team to incorporate successful products/improvements into the pipeline.
● Uses best practices to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs.
● Analyze, report, and present findings on internal and external ad-hoc analyses.
● Utilizes effective project planning techniques to break down basic and occasionally moderately complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept.
● Collaborates with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and the most efficient methods for the job.
● Communicates findings to team and leadership to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes.
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
● BA/BS degree in a technical discipline (Math, Statistics, Engineering) or equivalent.
● Two years of experience in an engineering, analytics, or data-science role.
● Competency with scripting and programming in Python.
● Experience with an analysis/data cleaning tool such as pandas or R.
● Good familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
● Comfortable working in a UNIX environment.
● Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
● Solid understanding of at least one of the following: statistical modeling, predictive analysis, machine learning, or natural language processing.
● Great communication skills - can clearly articulate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
● Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
● You’re collaborative, empathetic, and comfortable with the demands of an agile startup.
● Advanced degree (Masters/Ph.D.) in a quantitative discipline is a plus.
● Application deployment using AWS (EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk), Virtual Machines, or Docker.
● Experience working with and/or developing APIs.
Diversity is in our DNA. Founded in 2015 after our CEO was a part of a high-profile diversity panel
at the Stanford Law School, we have a diverse team with varied backgrounds, experiences, skills, locations and narratives. We are strong advocates of inclusion and bringing your whole self to work. We know that competitive compensation packages, benefits and growth opportunities make career choices meaningful.